WordPress – Pages
If you want to create a specific page on your site then you can create it very easily. Here, we will study here how to create or Add New Page into WordPress. The process is similar to adding posts in WordPress.
The simple steps to add pages are as follows:
Step 1 − Click on Pages > Add New.
Step 2 – There you will get the editor page as shown in the following snapshot. The editor page has two tabs, Visual and Text. You can insert text in both formats.
We will study here about the inserting text into Visual format.
The details of the fields describes below:
Here you can give the title to the article which displayed at the top of the page.
It shows the possible URL of the page which generates as per the title of the page and the url shown below the title.
It is an editor, that is similar to a word processor interface by which you can edit the content of the article.
There are following options available WYSIWYG editor −
- Bold Button – It is used to bold your font.
- Italic − It is used to italicize the font.
- Word Strike − It is used to strike through the content.
- Bullet List − It is used to add bullets to content.
- Number List − It is used to add numbers to the list of the content.
- Blockquote − It is used to quotes the text of your article.
- Horizontal Line − It is used to creates a horizontal line between sentences.
- Left Align − It is used to set the content on the left side of the page.
- Right Align − It is used to set the content to the right side of the page.
- Justify − It justifies the content of the page.
- Add Link − It is used to add a link to your content. When you click on this button, the following page gets displayed.
The following fields are present in the Insert link.
- URL: It is used to enter URL that you want to link to your article.
- Link text: It is used to insert that text which you want to make a link.
- Open link in a new window/tab: Select one option according to your choice to open your link into a new tab or window. And you have to check the box as per your need.
- Link to existing account: It is used to link to an existing content page by choosing the given list. When you click on existing page then you get a link which created in the URL section.
- Remove Link: It is used to delete the individual link that you want to add on your content.
- Read more tag: It is used to add Read More tag to your page.
- Toolbar toggle: When you click on this you get another list of toolbar which as shown below in the image.
- Paragraph: It is used to selects the headings as you need for your text.
- Underline: It is used to underline the sentences.
- Justify: It is used to justify to your content.
- Text Color: It is used to set color for words or sentences in your article.
- Paste as Text: It is used to paste your text.
- Clear Formatting: It is used to delete the selected content.
- Special character: It is used to insert special characters as you needed in your content.
- Increase Indent: It is used to increase the indent of the page.
- Decrease Indent: It is used to decrease the indent of the page.
- Undo: It is used to reverse the most recent editing command.
- Redo: It is used to restore the most recent editing command.
It is used for writing the content of an article.
It is used to publish the page to the user on the website.
This module permits you to choose the parent for your particular page. Even you can set the order of the pages.
- Parent: It allows you to select parent page.
- Order: It allows you to set the order of the page.
It includes the images in the pages.
Publishing A Page In WordPress
When you complete your article and you have to publish it for the user to see it. And it is an easy process to publish a page.
There are following steps to Publish Pages in WordPress.
Step 1 − Click on Pages > Add New in WordPress.
Step 2 – There will be an editor as shown in the following snapshot by which you can add the actual content into your page.
Step 3 – When your article is ready to publish then click on Publish button.
Editing A Page In WordPress
If you want to edit something in your page then you do it in a very simple way. In this chapter, we will study here how to Edit pages.
Step 1 − Click on Pages > All Pages in WordPress which is shown below in the following snapshot.
Step 2 – You can see that page which you have been created before in the chapter WordPress – Add Pages. When you hover the cursor on that page, then few options shown below that page. There are two ways to edit the Page, i.e., Edit and Quick Edit.
Edit – Just click on Edit option in that page which as shown in the following snapshot.
Now, you can edit your content or title of that page according to your need, and then click on Update button.
Quick Edit – If you want to quickly edit your content then just click on Quick Edit option in that page which as shown in the following screenshot.
Here, you can edit the Title, Slug and date of the page as well as can also choose the parent for your page i.e; as shown in the following screenshot.
Image – pages – quick edit pages
Step 3 – After finished the all editing, click on Update button as shown above in the screenshot.
Deleting A Page In WordPress
In this chapter, we will learn to Delete Pages in WordPress. Following are the steps to Delete pages in WordPress.
Step 1 − Click on Pages > All Pages in WordPress.
Step 2 − You can delete Sample Page (Sample Page is created by default in WordPress). When the cursor hovers on the pages, then a few options gets displayed below the Sample Page. Click on Trash option to delete the post as shown in the following screen.
Or alternatively you can also delete your page directly while editing or adding page by clicking on the Move to Trash button.
Step 3 − To confirm that you have deleted the page, view your page list.