Add New Post
This chapter is about the creating, modifying as well as deleting the WordPress posts. So, here we tell you how to Add Posts in WordPress. Have a look –
The steps are as follows –
Step 1 – Firstly, Login to your WordPress site’s admin panel.
Step 2 – Click on Posts > Add New in WordPress.
Step 3 – Where you can get an editor page in the following screen. And the
following fields of the editor page to Add New Post are as given below:
- Post Title − Enter the title of the post, i.e., Who is ABC?
- Post Content − Enter the content of your post.
Step 3 – After completing your article, now you can click on Publish button to publish your respective post. There are few other options also available in the Publish section, that are as follows:
- Save Draft − It saves the post as a draft.
- Preview − You can preview your post before publishing.
- Move to Trash − Deletes the post.
- Status − Change the status of your post to Published, Pending, or Reviewer Draft.
- Visibility − Change the visibility of the post to Public, Private or Password protected.
- Published − Change the published post date and time.
Edit A WordPress Post
When you published any post and still you want to either change something or add new things then you can use edit posts option. Yes, you can edit your blog post whenever you want.
So, we will study here how to Edit Posts on WordPress in this chapter. Let’s start –
Check out the simple steps to Edit Posts in WordPress.
Step 1 – Just click on Posts > All Posts in WordPress.
Step 2 – You can see there is a list of posts that you published or saved in drafts. When you hover the cursor on the post, you can see there few options below the Post name.
Well, there are two ways to edit the WordPress post i.e; Edit & Quick Edit.
- Edit − Click on Edit option in Post1 that as shown in the following screen.
- Quick Edit – You can use this second option. In which you should click on Quick Edit option in Post1 which is shown in the following screenshot.
Now, you can edit or change the content or title of your post according to your needs, and then click on Update button which as shown in the following screen.
You can edit here the title, slug as well as date of that post, also you can change the category of the post and then click on update button to publish the post, which you can see in the screenshot –
Deleting A WordPress Posts
Many times you don’t need to old articles or useless articles then you have to delete them from your website. So, we will study here, how to Delete Posts in WordPress website.
Here are the following steps to Delete Posts that you have to follow:
Step 1 − Click on Posts > All Post in WordPress.
Step 2 − You can delete published or saved post. When you hover the cursor on the Post, then a few options shown below that post. Just click on Trash option to delete the post.
Or You can delete the post/page. You have to open a post/page and there you will see the option “Move To Trash” at the right hand side of the screen. You have to click on that option to delete the post/page.
Step 3 – If you want to confirm that the post is deleted or not, you can view your post lists. On this way you got confirmation.
Preview A WordPress Post
When you complete your article and you want to see it for one time without publishing it. Then you can use the option of Preview Post. It will show your post by which you can verify your post that how your post looks on the website. And if you want then you can change anything that makes your article perfect.
So, in this chapter, we will study how to Preview Posts in WordPress websites. Here are the simple steps that you should follow:
Step 1 − Click on Posts > All Posts in wordPress.
Step 2 – Here are two ways to preview your post:
- When you open the list of post, you can preview your Post without open it. When you hover the cursor on the Post, few options shown below that Post. Click on the View option as shown in the following screenshot.
- When you work on your article then you can also see your post by clicking on “Preview Changes” option which as shown in the following screen.
Restore A WordPress Post
Sometimes it will happen accidentally that we want remove any post and we delete another post by mistake. But the best thing is that you can Restore your post in WordPress.
You just follow these simple steps which are given below:
Step 1 − Click on Posts > All Posts in WordPress.
Step 2 − Click on Trash option which as displayed on the following snapshot.
Step 3 – The post you want to restore, just hover the cursor on that post and you find some options below on that post. There you can get the Restore option.
Step 4 − Click on Restore option and you got that blog post again.
You can confirm that the post is restored or not. Just view your post list.